General, all purpose weight, polyester peel-ply fabric, commonly used in the following processes:-
Pre-preg and wet-lay up:-
- For B surface finishing, to reduce the amount of abrasion required
- To draw out excess resin
- As an air-flow medium to allow removal of small volumes of air
- To be left on the component, so providing surface protection until required
Infusion (In addition to all of the uses above):-
- To allow clean removal of the mesh flow medium and other resin-flow ancillaries from the finished component surface
- Used as a resin-break near to the vacuum outlets
- Will provide a visual indication of resin-flow front
Polyester peel-ply is recommended when using phenolic resin systems, as unlike nylon, it is resistant to phenols.
This version of the fabric is available in plain white, or with “pin- stripe” tracer yarn strands, approximately25mm apart, which readily identify that the peel-ply is still on the component surface.
- Colour White with green and orange pin-stripe, or plain white
- Available Widths 25mm, 50mm, 100mm, 150mm, 200mm, 300mm, 500mm, 750mm, 1280mm, 1650mm
- Maximum Usage Temp 210˚C